Unix C++
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop??

5 posters

Go down

What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop??

What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_lcap5%What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_lcap40%What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 8 ]
What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_lcap10%What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_lcap15%What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]
What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_lcap20%What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_lcap0%What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_lcap0%What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_lcap10%What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? Empty What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop??

Post by Christopher Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Im using Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.10. But don know anything in Ubuntu. jus learning. Smile
Christopher
Christopher
Admin

https://unixcpp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? Empty Re: What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop??

Post by mightyganesh Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:08 pm

dai christ! ithu over da! learner uh da nee! mastro da!
mightyganesh
mightyganesh

http://ganeshguna.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop?? Empty Re: What are the operating systems installed in ur laptop??

Post by subhajit Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:13 pm

hey!
there should be another option because......

i don't have any laptop ! Very Happy

subhajit

Back to top Go down

Post by DineshThangaraju Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:15 pm

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04(Jaunty Jackelope) and Windows XP(using it only for games).. I used Novel's OpenSuse and Sun Solaris 10 before...

DineshThangaraju

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:15 pm

then vote for OS' u r familiar with
Christopher
Christopher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anand Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:16 pm

i too don have laptop......
but i have clicked which i feel good....
anand
anand

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:17 pm

@dinesh
hey. somewhere i read solaris is the true unix. did u find any diff between solaris and linux versions???
Christopher
Christopher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mightyganesh Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:24 pm

hmmm might be there are few things that i find as the difference between solaris and linux!
linux uses ext2 or3 or4 as their file system
solaris uses Zfs i think! and solaris detects and mounts EXT file systems but linux dont detect zfs files.

and Linux is said to designed using many languages mainly c and cpp
where as solaris is composed of C

linux is used for all purposes and solaris is used mainly for networking administration based servers!

hope my words are true! much more comments expected on differences
mightyganesh
mightyganesh

http://ganeshguna.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DineshThangaraju Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:46 pm

@ Chris

yeah solaris is true unix (ie. proprietory model designed from scratch before linux)

The Difference lies only in the kernel..

Sun's Solaris uses Unix while Linux kernel is like unix but not unix..
Kernel for linux is written by Richard Stallman and team (Founder of GNU Project and Free Software Foundation) from scratch with unix as reference while designing.. However the kernel which we are using in our latest linux are updated versions supported by GNU General Public Licence..Everyday new version of kernel and therefore the new linux OS comes on internet and the standard is always maintained by GNU and FSF Team. So that is the reason why all the linux looks and works alike comparitively..

DineshThangaraju

Back to top Go down

Post by DineshThangaraju Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:53 pm

sorry guys i made a mistake.. Linux kernel was written by Linus Torvalds and 1000 of collaborators but actually published and released by GNU and FSF..

DineshThangaraju

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:05 pm

in linux distributions, packages are available to support zfs file system. Mac also supports both read and write on zfs. but solaris has patent for zfs.
Christopher
Christopher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum